E.CA Competition Law & Economics Expert Forum
5th E.CA Expert Forum
31 May 2017 in Brussels
This conference offers insights into recent developments in competition law and economics with a special focus on market definition for merger and antitrust purposes. This year, the EU Notice on Market Definition marks its 20th anniversary. We will take this opportunity to review some of the “classic” methods and issues related to market definition and look ahead at new questions arising in the era of fast-moving digital markets and two-sided platforms.
The preliminary programme is available here.
Keynote address: Tommaso Valletti, Chief Economist, DG Competition
· Gregory Crawford, Professor, University of Zurich and CEPR
· Thomas Deisenhofer, DG Competition
· Joseph Farrell, Professor, University of California (Berkeley) and Partner, Bates White
· Arno Rasek, Chief Economist, Bundeskartellamt
· Gerwin van Gerven, Partner, Linklaters
· Frank Verboven, Professor, KU Leuven
· Thomas Vinje, Partner, Clifford Chance
Location and Schedule
Le Châtelain Brussels Boutique Hotel
Rue du Châtelain 17
1000 Brussels - Belgium
Registration and Coffee
Keynote Address and Panel Sessions
Please note that there is no registration fee, but registration is required for organisational reasons. For registration, please send your full contact details to ExpertForum2017@e-ca.com.